CCRSO, then CCSO was formed in 1973 at the request of the Bishops of Ontario, and mandated to shepherd the Renewal in Ontario.
Our Mission is to promote and participate in the ongoing renewal of the Catholic Church, witnessing to the reality of Jesus Christ and the love of the Father, under the power and guidance of the Holy Spirit, exercising the charisms through the release of the Holy Spirit.
1. To seek and promote the "Baptism of the Holy Spirit" for the ongoing renewal of the Catholic Church.
2. To promote and facilitate leadership formation within the Charismatic Renewal.
3. To provide and promote educational opportunities for the renewal of the Catholic Church.
4. To develop communications that will foster unity within the Catholic Church.
5. To support and encourage the Catholic Church's call to evangelize.
CCRSO is made up of representatives from each diocese across the province. Each diocese has a liaison to the Bishop and diocesan delegates that represent their bishop and diocese at CCRSO bi-annual meetings. These members are chosen by the bishop from leaders in the renewal in his diocese.
SUPPORTING THE RENEWAL
What can I do to help? PRAY for the members of CCRSO. Pray that it will be faithful to its mission, and will persevere in helping people to have a rich spiritual life that is fully Roman Catholic in faith and practice.
SHARE in the work of the Renewal by supporting CCRSO financially, so that the Lord may touch others as you have been touched.
From the Latin word salus, meaning health. It is the goal and end product of creation, the incarnation, the redemption, conversion, justification, and sanctification. To be saved is to be fully and permanently united with God. This was taken from the book "Catholicism" - by Richard P. McBrien
Steps to Salvation
Many ask: "What must I do to be saved?" It is the word of God, The Bible that gives us this answer:
1. First: Acknowledge that, yes, you are a sinner. In Romans 3:23 - " Because all have sinned and all fall
short of the Glory of God." In Luke 18:13 it says "God
be merciful to me a sinner."
2. Second: Repent. Luke 13:3 says: Unless you change your ways, you will all perish as they did". In Acts 3:19 it states " Repent, then, and turn to God so that your sins may be wiped out."
3. Third: Confess your sins. I John 1:19 states: "If we confess our sins He Who is faithful and just will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all our wickedness.
4. Fourth: Forsake our evil ways. In Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked abandon his way, let him forsake his thoughts, let him turn to Yahweh for he will have mercy, for our God is generous in forgiving."
5. Fifth: Believe. John 3:16 "Yes God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him may not be lost but may have eternal life.
6. Sixth: Receive: Jesus into your heart. John 1:12 "all who have received Him He empowers to become children of God for they believe in His name."
Once you have read this and believe please make the following your prayer:
I am convinced by God's word that I am a lost sinner. I believe that Jesus Christ died for sinners and shed His blood to put away my sins. I now receive Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour.
Prayer to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit Lord Jesus Christ, I do love You, and I know that You love me. I want to be Your disciple and follow you on the journey through life. Lord Jesus, be the Lord and centre of my life. I turn away from all sin so that I may follow you in purity of heart. Lord Jesus, stir up in me all the baptismal graces I received when I was baptized. Stir your Spirit within me. Give me the fullness of the grace of the Spirit in my life. Most Holy Spirit, You are welcome in my heart; You are welcome in my life; You are welcome in my home. Lead me in service to Your Church, in service to Your people. I want to be led by You. Come Holy Spirit fill me now. < Come Holy Spirit empower me now. Thank you. This prayer is taken from the book He's Alive! (page 327).
It is difficult if not impossible to be a Christian all by ourselves. Jesus knows that and so He gave us community or church to grow in our faith. In community we receive discipleship and are able to encourage one another to be faithful to the Lord. It is also in community that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are made manifest for the benefit of others. If you have prayed this prayer and would like to find other like-minded Catholics to fellowship with, check out the "Prayer Group" section of this web-site to find out what's available in your area. God bless you as you continue your journey!